Ten Things I’ve Liked About This Week
August 19, 2011 § 2 Comments
1. Eating on the deck so the crumbs can fall through the cracks.
2. Experiencing the Island County Fair with all three grandchildren. The 15-month old excitedly waving away bubbles as chickens balance on weird contraptions at said fair’s Chicken Olympics.
3. Watching my son-in-law hog-tied on stage wearing a cow tail, ears and bell as a reluctant volunteer for Karen Quest, the “Cowgirl Tricks” lady.
4. Reading in the sun.
5. Seeing Granddaughter Ellie’s big blue merit badge won for her decorated chocolate cake.
6. Sitting in an Adirondack chair on the beach with my granddaughter asleep in my arms, dogs running in the sand and horses galloping in the distance on a minus tide.
7. Blackberries ripening across the street.
8. Evening meals predicated by what’s ripe in the garden.
9. Friends; friends for dinner; friends for life.
10. Not a thought of fall or winter in my head, only clear skies and warm sun.
What’s on your list?
ⓒ Inger Logelin 2011